Sunday, July 8, 2012

#1. this is where all begins.


"In music the passions enjoy themselves."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Hello everyone <3
this is my first favourite thing: MUSIC.

THE JOURNEY

My mom and dad already took me to private-piano teacher since i was 2,5 years old, so the first thing i learn is not the alphabet, but the notes :D I live with music as my partner, my friend, my family, and a part of my life that would never be replaced with other hobbies.

I've been playing piano since then, and i learned violin in the 3rd grade. but then..this is where all begins. one day my piano teacher told me about 'a-rare-musical-intrument-called-harp' (which is i already knew but I never thought I would have the opportunity to learn). I was so so so excited, then I got the phone number of Ms. Heidi Awuy, the beautiful-leading-harpist in Indonesia. And around one month or two months later, i went to her place, and started the lesson without buying the harp first. My mom and dad wanted me to really sure if I would learn harp or not, as we know the price is really-horrifying :P

So after having lesson around 6 months, i got my first harp <3 in 2006! This is my dark-brown "Artone" 38-strings harp, around 160cm height (almost same tall as me at that time) :p I had a great journey with my Artone :D but it's hard for me to carry it by myself.


This is my photo taken at a wedding in 2009, time flies so fast :)
HighEnd-The Masterpiece Fashion Show 2010

I started to browse on harp in internet since early 2011, looking for a smaller and better-sound harp, with reasonable-price of course ;) I fell in love with the 27-strings Salvi "Juno" and 27-strings Camac harp. But it's just the 'reasonable-price' still too much for me, so I buried all my intention to buy it.


One day in May, I got problem as three of my Artone-strings were broken and I got a concert in the August. I could just buy the strings, but it still has to be shipped from Europe. And God's good! Out of nowhere, I found someone in Jakarta who could help me in the buying harp and taxes, so finally I bought the 27 strings-mahogany-Salvi "Juno" from Vienna. "Small but mighty". I really in love with this Juno till today :) I often bring my Juno to my part-time jobs, and people love it.
photoshoot by Victoria Chang
photoshoot by Victoria Chang

Well, it's where all begins with music :D I'm still learning on guitar and i love playing with the glockenspiel, it's just so dreamy-sound :D


Many people ask me if playing harp is difficult or not, I can say it all depends on you. And I'm sure practice makes perfect :D I do encourage kids, young people, or old people to learn music --whatever it is, as it's just not a hobby but it could help you express yourself. Some of the researchers also say music could improve your brain function ;)
let's have fun and learn together! :)


"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
 -Berthold Auerbach



2 comments:

  1. Music.

    Gives a soul to the universe,
    Wings to the mind,
    Flight to the imagination,
    And life to everything.

    -Plato-

    Hi Maggie, I'm astonished about how early you started your learning in music.
    Recently I've began to be curious, cause my friends always said good things about you.
    And when I saw this, I confirmed how great you are.
    Early teachings,and perseverance.
    But all above:
    Gratefulness.You do not forget He who has given you life.
    There's something...that you have but others don't.

    Well, that's a good start, keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woah now I'm curious who you are :$ haha thankyou so much for the support :) have a great day,God bless!

      Delete